Get a quote
Although tiny in size, ants may cause serious damage to your health and property. Ants may cause serious infestation, especially in the rain, hot and dry conditions. Ants are cold-blooded, and they prefer to live in places with a temperature rise. Food is available in summer.
Detecting ants by pheromones is easy. Usually, they are found in large colonies. For an instant solution, you can google ‘ants specialist near me.’
Ants stock large amounts of food near their nest sites, which increases the organic matter in the soil. They also leave food scraps and excrete waste behind, all of which help alter the soil’s chemistry.
As ants feed on organic waste, they act as decomposers, insects or other dead animals. They help keep the environment clean. Carpenter ants make their nests in dead wood, accelerating the decomposition of timber. They damage walls, porches, decks, window and door frames, and other wood surfaces.
Ants pose various threats to your existence. These could be divided into three categories. These are home damage, health risks, and inviting other pests.
Why should you get rid of ants?
- Ants may ruin the foundations of a home and thus result in a lot of damage.
- Some people are allergic to ant bites. In extreme cases, the venom may get into anaphylactic shock.
- Ants can spread diseases; the symptoms include pain, swelling, itchiness, redness, nausea, diarrhoea, dizziness, stomach cramps, and chest pain.
- They carry and spread bacteria, including Salmonella.
- They can also help spread diseases such as dysentery and smallpox.
- The dangerous brown recluse and black widow spider consume ants. Bats are also attracted to your home if there is an ant infestation.
Before you take measures to get rid of ants, spot them in your home.
On spotting ants :
- Pheromones are certain signs of ants’ infestation.
- Identify them by their discarded wings on the floor.
- Burrows and holes in the wooden material and scattered garbage are other signs of infestation.
Things to prevent ants from entering your home in Summer
A clean kitchen tidy can prevent infestation. Sweeping floors and wiping down counters daily to eradicate crumbs and residue from spills. Stock food in sealed pest-proof containers. Use a refrigerator to keep fruits ripe.
Try to change the water in pots regularly to prevent their growth. Use boric acids, vinegar, chemical, and boiling water into the holes, cracks, tile joints, pipes, and cavities.
Effective Ant killers
Fire ants, bullet ants, and bulldog ants are venomous. Organic compounds like cinnamon, lemon, detergent sprays, peppermint oil, and Vaseline work when the infestation is small. However, such products are insufficient to prohibit queen ants from arriving at your house.
Determining whether your house has a carpenter ant infestation is difficult. Hiring experts is beneficial in this regard. Professionals use granular baits in the nest and seal all the entry points.
Local ants pest control advises you to
- block off all the access points.
- Remove water sources.
- Keep your kitchen tidy.
- Take good care of your pets.
- Work with ants pest control, Brisbane.
Local ant control company Brisbane surveys the places rigorously and uses organic compounds which are safe for your kids, pets, and elderly.
As per the ant control services Brisbane, carpenter ants feed on the moist woods; they reside in satellite nets. Commercial pesticides have various side effects. Hire trained and licensed professionals to deal with them.
Hiring ant professionals is advantageous.
When the ant’s problem persists, search for an ant specialist near me to get an abrupt solution. Professionals offer useful ant prevention tips.
- We monitor the current status.
- We opt for an in-depth inspection.
- We detect the infested spots religiously.
- We offer services at a reasonable rate.
- At the end of our treatment, we sanitize your premises.
- The rate is affordable.
- Places are sanitized at the end of treatment.
- We clear and sanitize the places.
- Members are competent, trained, experienced, and licensed.
- Continuous monitoring prevents the causes of ant re-infestation.
- There are possible health hazards of using commercial pesticides.
Going eco-safe could be the best solution
Ants have a crucial role to play in maintaining the balance of nature. We apply sweet flag juice dispensers. When you google white ant control company Brisbane you will get to know that they apply solar light traps for the best results. The technique is inexpensive compared to other procedures.
Chemical pesticides destroy natural soil fertility. Veggies and fruits grown with toxic pesticides are difficult for human consumption. They can cause several diseases.
Along with a solar panel, Local ants pest control Brisbane uses a led bulb in the trap. Ants are attracted to the stand and make them fall into the pool of organic insect powder. Pesticides are replaced often.