Ants are tiny creatures that can cause huge damage to your health and property. The infestation mostly happens in dry summers and monsoons. Cold-blooded insects prefer places with high temperatures.
Ants release pheromones. Normally, they form large colonies where you store food. Therefore, the kitchen is their favourite place. If you find the infestation unmanageable, google ‘ant exterminator near me‘, and get an instant solution.
Ants as species & their habit of destruction :
Ants store large amounts of food in their nest. It increases the organic compound of the soil. Excreting waste and food scraps help alter the soil’s chemistry.
The decomposer ants feed on organic waste, dead animals, or insects. They help keep the environment clean. Carpenter ants make nests in dead wood, enhancing the decomposition of timber. Ants damage decks, walls, porches, window and door frames, and other wooden surfaces.
Ants pose various threats to your existence. They are divided into three categories like home damage, health risks, and inviting other pests.
Damages caused by ants :
- Ants destroy the foundations of your homes by digging.
- Some people are allergic to ant bites. Ant venom gives you anaphylactic shock in rare cases.
- Ants can spread diseases; the symptoms include pain, swelling, itchiness, redness, nausea, diarrhoea, dizziness, stomach cramps, and chest pain.
- They carry and spread bacteria, including Salmonella.
- They are accountable for spreading diseases like dysentery and smallpox.
- The black widow spider and brown recluse consume ants. Ant infestation also attracts bats.
- Know the signs of an ant infestation. It will help you take measures to get rid of the species.
On spotting ants easily :
- Pheromones are certain signs of ant infestation.
- You can spot them by their discarded wings on the floor.
- Scattered garbage, holes and burrows in the wooden material are other signs of infestation.
On preventing ant infestation in a kitchen :
A clean kitchen tidy can prevent infestation. Sweeping floors and wiping down counters regularly helps drive away residue and crumbs from spills. Store food in sealed pest-proof containers and use a refrigerator to keep ripe fruits.
Change pot water at regular intervals to check their growth. Use boric acid, vinegar, and boiling water into the holes, pipes, cracks, cavities, and tile joints.
Natural Ant Remedies :
Bullet ants, fire ants, and bulldog ants are poisonous. Organic compounds like lemon, cinnamon, peppermint oil, detergent sprays, and Vaseline work in case of small infestation. Such compounds are insufficient to stop queen ants from entering your home.
It is hard to determine whether your house has got a carpenter ant infestation. Hiring experts is beneficial in this regard. Professionals use granular baits in ant nests to block their entry points.
Why should you call Professional Pest Controller?
Local ants control company Brisbane advises you to
- block off all the access points.
- Remove water sources.
- Keep your kitchen tidy.
- Take good care of your pets.
- Work with the ant control company Brisbane.
Ant control Brisbane surveys the places rigorously and uses organic compounds which are safe for your kids, pets, and elderly.
According to the local ant control company Brisbane, carpenter ants survive in moist woods. They reside in satellite nets. Commercial pesticides have various side effects. Contact trained and licensed professionals to manage the infestation.
Initiatives taken by Ant Control :
If the problem persists for long, search for an ants pest control near me to get a quick abrupt solution. Professionals offer useful ant prevention tips.
- We monitor the current status.
- Also opt for an in-depth inspection.
- Detect the infested spots religiously.
- Offer services at a reasonable rate.
- Sanitise your premises at the end of pest control.
- The rate is affordable.
- We clean and sanitise the places.
- Members are competent, trained, experienced, and licensed.
- Regular monitoring helps prevent re-infestation.
- Commercial pesticides have possible health hazards.
Eco-safe Measure for a Sustainable Ant Solution :
You should know that ants have an important role to play in maintaining ecological balance. It is essential to look for sustainable solutions, especially when we are fighting serious issues like climate change and global warming.
Ants pest control Brisbane applies sweet flag juice dispensers. Experts use solar light traps for the best results. The procedure is inexpensive compared to other methods.
Chemical pesticides destroy natural soil fertility. Veggies and fruits grown with toxic insecticides are detrimental to human consumption. They can cause several diseases.
Along with a solar panel, specialists use a led bulb in the trap. Ants get attracted to the stand and making them fall into the organic insect powder pool. Pesticides are replaced often.