Never ignore ants presuming their tiny size, as they can cause huge damage to your property and health. Ant infestation mostly happens in summer and monsoon. These cold-blooded insects prefer places with high temperatures.
Ants release pheromones. Normally, they form large colonies where you store food. Thus, the kitchen is their favoured place. If you find the ant infestation uncontrollable, google ‘ant exterminator near me and get an instant solution.
Six types of Ants
● Carpenter Ants
Carpenter ants make nests in dead wood, enhancing the decomposition of timber. They are found preferably in damp, dead wood. You can control them with boric acid.
● Fire Ants
Tropical Fire ants have venomous ant stings that cause a burning sensation and itchy welts, often in a circular pattern. Eradication is necessary to avoid blisters. Keep antihistamines and over-the-counter steroid creams at home to treat their bites.
● Bullet Ants
Inhabiting in humid lowland rain forests in central and South America, bullet ants may cause you an extremely painful sting. They are so named because their bites give you a feeling of being shot by a gun.
● Black Garden Ants
Black garden ants are usually found around homes following well-defined trails near food and water sources. They feed on many trees and plants. They build nests under paving stones, between brickwork and in the soil during hot and humid summer weather.
● Little Black Ants
Little black ants are harmless, and their nests can be found in the soil, under objects made of stones, wood, bricks, and logs, and in open areas of lawns. They nest in woodwork, wall voids, masonry, and under carpets.
● Sugar Ants
Due to their preference for food with high sugar content, the species is referred to as sugar ants. Don’t worry; these house ants never bite or sting people or cause any serious health risks to humans or pets. You can try DIYs to get rid of them.
Pros of Ant Infestation :
Ants help maintain ecological balance. It is essential to look for sustainable solutions, especially when we are fighting serious issues like climate change and global warming.
Ants store big amounts of food in their nest. It increases the organic compound of the soil. Excreting waste and food scraps help alter the soil’s chemistry.
The decomposer ants feed on organic waste, dead animals, or insects. They help keep the environment clean.
Cons of Ant Infestation :
- Ants destroy the foundations of your homes by digging.
- Some people are allergic to ant bites. Ant venom gives you anaphylactic shock in rare cases.
- Ants can spread diseases; the symptoms include pain, swelling, itchiness, redness, nausea, diarrhoea, dizziness, stomach cramps, and chest pain.
- They carry and spread bacteria, including Salmonella.
- They are accountable for spreading diseases like dysentery and smallpox.
- The black widow spider and brown recluse consume ant. Ant infestation also attracts bats.
On spotting ant easily :
- Smells of Pheromones.
- Discarded wings on the floor
- Scattered garbage, holes and burrows in the wooden material
On preventing ant infestation :
A clean kitchen tidy can prevent infestation. Sweeping floors and wiping down counters regularly helps drive away residue and crumbs from spills. Store food in sealed pest-proof containers and use a refrigerator to keep ripe fruits.
Change pot water rats at regular intervals to check their growth. Use boric acid, vinegar, and boiling water into the holes, pipes, cracks, cavities, and tile joints.
Natural Ant Remedies :
Organic compounds like lemon, cinnamon, peppermint oil, detergent sprays, and Vaseline work in case of small infestation. However, they are insufficient.
Why should you call Professional Pest Controller?
Local ants pest control Brisbane suggests you to
- Close all the access points.
- Ant treatment in Brisbane removes water sources.
- Keep your kitchen tidy.
- Take good care of your pets.
- Work with the ant control specialist Brisbane.
Initiatives taken by Ant Control Brisbane :
If the problem persists for a long time, search for an ‘ant treatment near me to get a quick abrupt solution.
- We monitor the current status and opt for an in-depth inspection.
- The specialist detect the infested spots religiously.
- We offer services at a reasonable rate.
- At the end of the treatment, we sanitize the entire premise.
- We clean and sanitize the places.
- We have a competent, trained, experienced, and licensed team.
According to the local ant pest control, commercial pesticides have various side effects and so they use eco-friendly techniques to control the infestation.
Eco-safe Measure for a Sustainable Ant Prevention :
Ant treatment Brisbane applies sweet flag juice dispensers. Experts use solar light traps for the best results. The procedure is inexpensive compared to other methods.
Apart from a solar panel, professionals use a led bulb in the trap. Ants get attracted to the stand and fall into the organic insect powder pool. Pesticides are replaced often.