No one likes to share their loved house with uninvited guests like pests. And a few pests can just boom right under your nose. Carpenter ants are among those silent criminals. It is really challenging to detect carpenter ants at first. It can be too late to Google “carpenter ant exterminator near me.” That is why you need to know everything about carpenter ants.
Carpenter Ants and their nature
Carpenter ants are helpful in nature as they play a great role in forest decomposition. They are not wood eaters, but they dig through it to create a tunnel towards their nest. That is why they usually pick moist woods. So your decks, roof eaves, and chimney pillars can be their favorite places.
Signs of carpenter ants Infestation
To browse for “carpenter ant exterminator near me” in time, you need to detect them first. It may not be an easy job. They can survive inside your house without being noticed. They damage the infrastructure of your house from inside. If your house has a wooden foundation, then you have to be extra careful. The foundation and the usual moist lands around it can attract carpenter ants.
Carpenter ants make two types of nests –
- Parent nests: Contains the eggs and are usually found outside.
- Satellite nests: These are for worker carpenter ants. These nests are often found inside homes. These nests are comparatively smaller than the parent nests, which makes it more challenging to detect.
In order to get rid of the carpenter ants, you need to eliminate both the nests. Even if you become successful in detecting the satellite nest and use commercial pesticides there, it will be nothing but a futile endeavor because they will keep thriving outside your house in their parent nest and come back again. Here comes the need for local exterminators for ants.
These professionals are highly trained and exceptionally eliminate carpenter ants from their source. Carpenter ants can be considered one of the most challenging pests because it is not easy to get rid of them. They are not like any other pest. They have their way of life, tendencies, and even strategies.
One parent nest can be the reason for carpenter ant invasion in many houses. It’s just like a network. The parent nest works like a cradle. So do not waste time and search “carpenter ant exterminator near me” as soon as possible.
How to keep carpenter ants at bay?
Here are a few tips that can help you keep them away:
- Since carpenter ants search for damp or wet wood, you can take the same sort of action you might take to prevent a termite infestation. Try to keep firewood away, trim the bushes often, remove any dead tree branches from your yard, keep the trees away from edges, and check the foundation once in a month.
- Notice if there is any water leak issue. Do not ignore it and address it immediately. Try grading around the foundation pillars. If your garden, patio, or yard is becoming waterlogged, take the right actions. Standing water can cause a carpenter ant issue.
- Seal the cracks immediately.
- Do not create a pile of cardboard. There are many similarities between carpenter ants and termites. Both of them love damp cardboards.
- Do not keep old and partially damaged furniture, wooden frames, windowsills, or door frames.
- If your roof is leaking or damping, then look for professional help.
Carpenter Ants: Risks
While carpenter ants don’t spread infection like some other pests, they can cause grave damage to your house. They are capable of causing economic loss. Be it your furniture or your infrastructure; everything will be at risk if carpenter ants are in action.
Taking action before it’s too late is highly recommended when it comes to carpenter ants. If you are not sure whether your home is infested by them or not, then just contact a local exterminator for ants for an inspection, they will device an appropriate plan. Calling in the professionals at the right time may save you and your home. Let us help you and make your home free of these tiny devils.